Today marks our 4 month anniversary and I would like to share My Wedding Day with you. A few pictures captured by the incredibly talented Sharyn Hodges that will forever hold the memories of our beautiful day.
I have to warn all brides, a few tips that I experienced on the day and some must do's and don'ts.
1. The day flies past and in the end all you will have to look back on is your photographs and video. So it is in our eyes very important to have a connection with your photographer and love their style and skills.
2. Make sure you are happy with your and your bridesmaid's hair and make-up. It is a service that you pay for and it will be in every picture so make sure everyone is happy.
3. Always have snacks and food around. Arrange someone to be in charge and make sure to budget for this as you have to have food for all your bridesmaid, groomsmen, family members and service providers.
4. Make sure you have a Bluetooth speaker and make sure it is charged. There is nothing better to soothe the nerves than signing out loud with your girls to your favorite songs. Also remember to make a playlist long in advance so you can just plug and play on the day.
5. Make sure you have enough time to get those pictures you have seen on Pinterest the past few months, and remember to save them so that you can show them to your photographer.
6. Do write your husband-to-be a letter, it is priceless and you can share words that he will never forget.
7. Spoil your bridesmaids, they have been there every step of the way and made you feel special, now it is your turn to let them know how much you appreciate them.
8. Do write a special note or get something for your parents. They have waited their whole lives for this day.
These are my top 8 DIY tips for getting ready.
My husband and I broke a few traditions and made our own rules. We are both surfers and ocean lovers. Like our photographer said, "A mermaid and a pirate."
We got ready at a Villa in the Dunes Resort in Keurboomsstrand. We spent the whole weekend there celebrating our love for each other and our love for our friends and family.
Getting ready is such a special time, I personally ran out of time and had to rush at the end, so my advice would be to give yourself an extra 2 hours to what you where planning on for getting ready.
Always have some bubbly before, because after all the day is for celebrating and it just makes you a little more relaxed. My girls and I enjoyed sipping some ice cold bubbly while the boys opted for something stronger, while still sticking to our colour palette.
My husband and his groomsmen went for a early morning surf just in front of the villa. They relaxed and all enjoyed the morning getting ready together.
I wrote a letter to my husband and gave him a small gift to remember this day and moment forever. His cuff-links where mother of pearl to symbolize our love for the ocean.
The last hour before I had to walk down the aisle was a blur. It went by so quickly and I wish I had more time. I had a problem with my original dress and ended up hiring one from Tying the Knot Bridal Boutique. It was all meant to be in the end as the dress of my dreams only came out 1 week before I tried it on and that was exactly 3 weeks before the wedding. Eeeek.
My mom and I found my dress in 1 day and I did not show it to my bridesmaids or my father. So we decided to do the first look reveal, some may say it is cheesy, but it truly is such an emotional moment and I would recommend it to any bride.
We had our doggies at our wedding and the boys got ready with the boys and the girl with us.
I had only white peonies for my bouquet and wore Peony Blush Suede from Jo Malone as my wedding fragrance.
My shoes and my topaz ring from my now mother-in-law where my something blue. My dress was my something borrowed (hired) and my mom got me a tennis bracelet that was my something new.
Thank you to all our service providers.
Photographer: Sharyn Hodges Photography
Bride's Hair: Leane Professional Makeup Artist
Bride's Make-up: Belinda Louie
Bridemaid's Hair and Make-up: Leane Professional Makeup Artist
Bride's Dress: Tying the Knot Bridal Boutique
Flowers: Yes Exclusive Flowers